The nonprofit MyData Global organisation will be founded Oct 11th
We invite you to participate the official founding meeting online or in one of the physical meetings that will be organised around the globe in the places with MyData local activity*.
The event will start 4PM Eastern European time – find your time zone & mark in your calendar: http://okf.fi/mydata-founding-timezones
More details, including the live stream and online participation address will be published soon on this page and our newsletter: http://mydata.org/global-newsletter
*Founding meeting at your local city
You can participate in the global Founding meeting and meet local MyData people in one of the physical meetups that take place in the following cities on October 11th:
- Amsterdam: CWI, 123 Science Park 1098 XG Amsterdam (1PM-6PM Dutch time)
Please let us know (hello[at]mydata.org) if you wish to host a local founding meeting event at your city on Oct 11th, we will add your event to the list above.
Join the preparations prior to the founding meeting
The MyData declaration published in 2017 is the fundamental document describing the vision of MyData Global. If you or your organisation supports that vision you are most welcome to join as the founding member of the new global nonprofit.
The key documents that will be prepared to the founding meeting are the bylaws and the first years’ business plan for the organisation. You may leave suggestions, comments and questions to the founding documents directly. To engage more directly in discussions with other founding members we warmly recommend you to join our Slack community http://mydata.org/slack
Besides the bylaws and business plan the new organisation needs a leadership team with diverse backgrounds. If you are interested yourself or if you know someone who you could recommend to serve in the board of directors or as advisor to the new organisation, please let us know (hello[at]mydata.org).
Let’s build the MyData Global organisation together!
Tentative founding meeting agenda (Finnish time)
15:00 Doors open, networking
15:45 Online meeting opens – greetings to/from different places
16:00 Official start
- Opening the founding meeting
- Choosing the chair for the meeting
- Choosing the secretary for the meeting
- Choosing two tellers for the meeting (counting votes)
- Choosing two examiners of the minutes
- Approving the agenda for the meeting
16:05 (estimate) Bylaws
- Discussion about the bylaws
- Approving the bylaws for the association
- Founding the association
16:50 (estimate) Business plan
- Discussion about the first year business plan
- Approving the first year business plan
17:20 (estimate) Board of directors
- Introducing the candidates
- Deciding the number of board members for the first term
- Electing the board members and their personal deputy members
17:50 (estimate) BREAK
18:05 (estimate) Oversight board and auditors
- Selecting financial auditor and deputy
- Selecting members to the oversight board
18:20 Other matters and closing
- Other discussion matters
- Closing the meeting